Security of Data Collected
Beam is very concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We employ administrative, physical, and electronic measures designed to protect your Personal and Non-Personal Information from unauthorized access and use. Any personal information collected by us will be used for defined purposes only. We do not and will not share any part of your personal information, nor distribute it beyond what is strictly necessary for us to fulfill our obligations to you. By extension, your information may be provided to our partners who share our values, in strict confidence that they will protect your information and respect your privacy. Aomata LLC will not sell your personal information in any form.
Types of Data Collected
Among the types of Personal Data that this Application collects, by itself or through third parties, there are Photos, videos, music and files (Pdf, docx, xml, ppt, XLSX).
Unless specified otherwise, all Data requested by this Application is mandatory and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for this Application to provide its services. In cases where this Application specifically states that some Data is not mandatory, Users are free not to communicate this Data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the Service.
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Application and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Application (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Photos & Videos Permission
The app will require permission to access the Pictures & Videos on your device when you launch and interact with the application.
How the Data is Used
The user data accessed by the permissions is used to complete the direct transfer between two devices. User data is not uploaded on our server at any time.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification, and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after the expiration of the retention period.
Device Permissions for Personal Data Access
Depending on the User's specific device, this Application may request certain permissions that allow it to access the User's device Data as described below.
By default, these permissions must be granted by the User before the respective information can be accessed. Once the permission has been given, it can be revoked by the User at any time. In order to revoke these permissions, Users may refer to the device settings or contact the Owner for support at the contact details provided in the present document.
The exact procedure for controlling app permissions may be dependent on the User's device and software.
Please note that the revoking of such permissions might impact the proper functioning of this Application.
If the User grants any of the permissions listed below, the respective Personal Data may be processed (i.e accessed, modified, or removed) by this Application.
Beam will access your "Locations" to use the wifi for data transfer. Audio Permission:
Beam will access your "Audio Files" from Music Library to transfer it to the new device. Calendars Permission:
Beam will access your "Calendars" to transfer it to the new device. Camera Roll Permission:
Beam will access your "Camera Roll" to transfer pictures to the new device. Contacts Permission:
Beam will access your "Phone Contacts" to remove any duplicates and transfer the rest to the new device. Photo Library Permission:
Beam will access your "Photo Library" to transfer pictures to the new device. Reminders Permission:
Beam will access your "Reminders" to transfer it to the new device. Storage Permission:
Beam will access your "Storage" to transfer various types of media files to the new device. The Rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data Users has the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details about the Right to Object to Processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether the Owner is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document
How to Exercise these Rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.