Beam is a free file-sharing cross-platform solution that allows users to transfer & share photos, videos, contacts, apps, WhatsApp chats & files of any type and size, and from smartphones and tablets over Wi-Fi or hotspot connection as well.
- Download the Beam app from the respective Stores of your old and new smartphones.
- Once installed, open the app on both devices. Allow permissions to proceed further.
- Select “Sender” on the old device to send the data and “Receiver” on the new device to receive the data.
- From your old device, select the content you want to send. Scroll through the tab above to explore different mediums such as photos, videos, music, and files.
- Review your selected items and click on the “continue with the selection” button.
- Here comes the important part. After selecting your items, you need to select how to send the content. Do you want to share files remotely (through the Internet) or locally (through Wi-Fi)?
- In the case of Share Locally (through Wi-Fi), the following screen will show the available receiver devices. Select the one that you want to send your content to. After selecting your device, you can track the progress of your transfer. You can stop the process any minute by pressing disconnect.
- In the case of Share Remotely (Internet Transfer), an activation code will appear on the sender, and you need to put that in the receiver. Tap on the start transfer button, and transfer will start.
- When the files have been transferred, you are done!
Beam supports a wide range of material formats, including images, videos, audio/music, and files in any form and any size.
Beam works with all major operating systems, including Android and iOS. It is a robust content transfer solution that enables you to move data across and across platforms with little effort and frustration.
Any content types you desire can be transferred directly to the receiver device and stored in their respective folders. Pictures, videos, and audio files, among other types of content, can be found in the Beam folder, which can be accessed through the Receiver's file management app. 'History' allows you to keep track of everything you've transferred so far.
There is no limit to the amount of data sent with Beam. Users may transmit as much data as they want in as many transfer procedures as they want - at any time and from any location.
- The sender/Receiver device disconnected the transfer process.
- Wi-Fi turned off by the Sender/Receiver
Not at all. Beam is a free app.
Beam supports the transfer of all major types of audio & video files. This allows Beam to seamlessly transfer data to and from devices like iPhones or iPads, without worrying about the inaccessibility of non-compliant file types.
To remove ads and get the ad-free version of Beam, simply follow these steps.
- Click on the drop-down menu in the application.
- Select the “Remove the Ads” option
- Follow Google’s in-app purchasing guidelines
- Once the purchase is complete, you should have an ads-free version!